Prices may change frequently and despite our best efforts it is possible that some may be out of date.
Please visit the provider’s official website for exact pricing.
SaferVPN is one of the few providers that enables users to sign up and enjoy a free trial period (24 hours) of access to test out the merits of its service. It offers unlimited usage for all customers and the option to select a basic package covering a single device or choose a premium package that allows users to harness its VPN capabilities from up to three devices.
There is even a small business package for those with up to ten devices that they want to use to access the internet securely and anonymously. SaferVPN has been featured in articles by major media outlets, including the BBC and the Guardian. It also offers round-the-clock support for customers so that issues can be addressed whenever they arise and wherever you happen to be based.
SaferVPN has an average rating of 9.93 on ResellerRatings (based on 50+ reviews) and 8.5 on Trustpilot (based on 60+ reviews).
What We Like
✓ Free 1 day trial with full functionality
✓ Chrome extension (500mb free per month)
✓ Based in Israel so not restricted by US Data Retention or EU DRD laws
What We Like Less
✘ No ‘Kill Switch’ feature
✘ No possibility of connecting to specific cities
Installation and Set Up
Follow these simple steps to download, install and set up SaferVPN in no time.
1) Sign up by entering your email address and password.
2) From here, you will be redirected to your dashboard, where you can get access to your 24 hour free trial.
3) After your free trial has expired, you can upgrade to the full version by clicking on the upgrade button in your dashboard, selecting your desired plan and submitting the appropriate payment details: you can pay by credit card, Paypal and a number of different payment mechanisms including Bitcoin and AliPay. No billing address is required.
4) Once you have completed the purchase, you will be redirected to a download page (you will also instantly receive a confirmation email).
5) Select the operating system or device you wish to use SaferVPN with, click on the ‘Download’ button, and once the program has fully downloaded, double-click the file to install it by following the on-screen instructions.
6) That’s it! You now have the choice of selecting a location of your choice, as shown in the screenshots below:
7) You can additionally adjust your VPN settings by clicking the settings icon to the top right of the server connection window. For example, here you will be able to change your protocol settings depending on your browsing needs.
Speed is a crucial factor of how good a VPN is and to keep our users informed on how fast SaferVPN is across countries, we regularly carry out speed tests.
Latest Average Speeds (in Mbps)
Download 19.08 | Upload 17.34
Download 1.16 | Upload 0.55
Download N/A | Upload N/A
Download 27.03 | Upload 13.98
Download 29.10 | Upload 17.73
Download N/A | Upload N/A
Download 34.27 | Upload 16.20
Download 7.09 | Upload 9.19
SaferVPN operates a comprehensive zero-log policy, meaning that any activities that customers carry out via its servers will not be tracked or monitored. This includes the IP address via which customers initially connect to its VPN and the IP address assigned to customers once they are connected. Customers can use 3 different protocols to help customise the experience they receive, including mainstream options such as OpenVPN which are widely compatible with different devices, in addition to newer protocols such as IKEv2, which is quick and secure, if not as widely supported. 256-bit encryption is featured on its L2TP over IPSec for the utmost privacy and protection.
SaferVPN operates in excess of 400 servers across 30 countries, including the USA, the UK, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Australia and beyond. It has hundreds of IP addresses, with users randomly assigned one each time they connect to its VPN via whichever server is available in the country they select within the SaferVPN app. They also recently released a Chrome extension, which you can add directly from their website.
Top10VPN.com aims to provide useful and reliable information about all the VPN services we review. Prices may change frequently, and despite our best efforts it is possible that some information may be out of date, therefore we recommend consulting the provider’s official website for exact pricing.
To maintain this website as a free resource, we utilise links that provide us with compensation for referring you to the VPN providers featured. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.