Our company mission is to make digital privacy simple for everyone, as we believe it is a basic human right. Our research and investigations into privacy, security and digital rights issues play an important role in working towards this goal as they raise public awareness about these topics.
This valuable work is led by Simon Migliano and Samuel Woodhams, who are both experts in their respective fields. In conducting their investigations, Simon and Samuel act independently of any commercial considerations in order to serve the public interest. As accredited journalists, they are also personally committed to upholding the NUJ code of conduct, outlined below.
During our investigations, we will:
- At all times uphold and defend the principle of media freedom, the right of freedom of expression and the right of the public to be informed.
- Strive to ensure that information disseminated is honestly conveyed, accurate and fair.
- Do our utmost to correct harmful inaccuracies.
- Differentiate between fact and opinion.
- Obtain material by honest, straightforward and open means, with the exception of investigations that are both overwhelmingly in the public interest and which involve evidence that cannot be obtained by straightforward means.
- Do nothing to intrude into anybody’s private life, grief or distress unless justified by overriding consideration of the public interest.
- Protect the identity of sources who supply information in confidence and material gathered in the course of our work.
- Resist threats or any other inducements to influence, distort or suppress information and take no unfair personal advantage of information gained in the course of our duties before the information is public knowledge.
- Produce no material likely to lead to hatred or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, race, colour, creed, legal status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Not by way of statement, voice or appearance endorse by advertisement any commercial product or service save for the promotion of our own work or of the medium by which we are employed.
- Avoid plagiarism.
If you have any concerns or questions about any of our investigations, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will aim to respond within a working day.