Why Do You Need a VPN?
A good-quality VPN has many purposes related to online privacy, security, safety, anonymity, and freedom.
In 2020, we collaborated with GlobalWebIndex to interview VPN users around the world and find out why they used a VPN. The common reasons to use a VPN are:
- To protect privacy on public WiFi networks (51%)
- To browse the web anonymously (44%)
- To communicate more securely (37%)
- To access restricted download/stream/torrent sites (23%)
- To access better entertainment content (22%)
These are the most popular, but they are certainly not the only reasons you need to be using a virtual private network.
LEARN MORE: For an in-depth look at everything you can do with a VPN, read our ‘What Is a VPN Used For?’ guide.