Prices may change frequently and despite our best efforts it is possible that some may be out of date.
Please visit the provider’s official website for exact pricing.
PureVPN boasts an impressive 99.99% uptime record and over 10,000 customers. It provides 24/7 support via a live chat feature on the website and a support ticketing system. There are comprehensive FAQs offering self-help options too.
The service is compatible with devices such as games consoles, Chromecast, Amazon FireTV and others, as well as PCs and mobile devices, so it can protect all of your internet activity. Each account provides five log-ins.
The software is easy to use on all platforms, though it also offers plenty of options for the more technically minded user, allowing them to configure the settings in more detail. The Windows software has a clever ‘virtual router’ feature that allows you to connect up to ten other devices via your Windows PC, making the VPN service available to all your equipment.
PureVPN offers unrestricted speed, so there should be no problem accessing streaming services, which will be limited only by your own internet connection. There are also no data transfer restrictions.
What We Like
✓ Top download speed of 58.69 Mbps
✓ Fastest VPN in Germany and France
✓ The best price (on a 12 months subscription) out of the elite providers
✓ Based in Hong Kong, so not restricted by US Data Retention or EU DRD laws
What We Like Less
✘ 7 days money-back guarantee, compared to 30 days offered by ExpressVPN and HMA
Installation and Set Up
Follow these simple steps to download, install and set up PureVPN in a matter of minutes.
1) Sign up by submitting your email address, a secure password and payment details on the checkout page. More than 150 payment methods are available including all major credit cards, Paypal, Bitcoin and Paymentwall (AliPay, Webmoney and many more).
2) Once you have completed the purchase, you will be redirected to the below download page (you will also instantly receive a confirmation email):
3) Select the operating system or device you wish to use PureVPN with, click on the ‘Download’ button, and once the program has fully downloaded, double-click the file to install it by following the on-screen instructions.
4) That’s it! You now have the choice of selecting a server either by Purpose (e.g. streaming Netflix) or by location, as shown in the screenshots below.
5) You can additionally adjust your VPN settings by clicking the settings icon to the bottom right of the PureVPN logo. From the ‘Modes’ tab, you will be able to select the appropriate setting based on what you want to use the VPN for: streaming, security and privacy, etc.
Speed is a crucial factor of how good a VPN is and to keep our users informed on how fast PureVPN is across countries, we regularly carry out speed tests.
Latest Average Speeds (in Mbps)
Download 16.38 | Upload 3.57
Download 15.41 | Upload 6.91
Download 12.86 | Upload 2.96
Download 38.08 | Upload 36.64
Download 58.69 | Upload 34.10
Download 4.77 | Upload 4.15
Download 40.48 | Upload 27.63
Download 15.12 | Upload 14.45
The above speed tests were carried out using a fibre optic connection. Speeds were measured by the Ookla speed test tool throughout the day, several days a week.
PureVPN has a ‘zero log’ policy, which means it doesn’t record what you do online. It supports PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec protocols, plus SSTP and SSL, with up to 256-bit encryption. It provides secure connection to Wi-Fi hotspots and protects your instant messaging and email traffic.
It offers a split tunnelling option, so you can choose which data to send via VPN and which via your ISP. It also lets you choose a location, so you can get around geographical restrictions on content and unlock sites which would otherwise be blocked.
For added security and privacy, PureVPN has a Kill Switch feature which blocks all traffic to your device when your VPN connection drops. You can enable/disable this feature in the Options tab.
Payment options include Bitcoin and PayPal as well as the usual credit card options, so you can choose how anonymous you want to be when paying.
PureVPN offers access to 500+ servers in 180 cities, 141 countries and over 80,000 IP addresses.
Top10VPN.com aims to provide useful and reliable information about all the VPN services we review. Prices may change frequently, and despite our best efforts it is possible that some information may be out of date, therefore we recommend consulting the provider’s official website for exact pricing.
To maintain this website as a free resource, we utilise links that provide us with compensation for referring you to the VPN providers featured. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.