Method 1: Create US Apple ID
If you want to stream Disney Plus outside of its available regions, you’ll need a payment method registered in one of those countries, and a reliable VPN.
However, what if you don’t have a registered payment in one of these countries? Fear not, as there is a solution.
Here’s how to do it:
You can sign up to Disney+ outside the available regions by creating a US Apple ID and using an iTunes gift card.
With a MacOS or iOS device (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV), open the app store or iTunes and sign out of your account.
From here, scroll down to the bottom of the iTunes or App store window. Once you reach the bottom, you’ll see a country flag icon in the bottom right corner. It looks like this:
Click the flag icon. We are based in the UK, so we’re shown the UK flag.
Alternatively, you can click the Country or Region option. You will then be presented with an option of countries, like this:
Select the US and proceed to create a brand new Apple ID. Make sure you do not include any payment information.
Disney Plus detects your region based on your payment, so you can’t have anything that indicates you may be outside of the US.
So how do you pay for it and sign up?
You need to add credits to your new US iTunes account by purchasing a digital US dollar iTunes gift card. Best Buy is a good choice of vendor. Head there to buy one. You have to pay $15.00 minimum.
Now, log in to your new US account. Open up the App Store, then click the Redeem Gift Card button. In the screen that follows, enter the code you purchased.
From here, you can simply use a VPN that works with Disney+, download the Disney+ app and get to watching.
The above method allows you to also take advantage of the Disney+ seven-day free trial.
Method 2: Create a US Google Account on Android
If you don’t own an Apple device, you can also unblock Disney+ on any Android device with access to the Google Play Store. These are there the steps to follow:
- Use your VPN to connect to a US VPN server. We’re using ExpressVPN, as you can see below.
- While connected to the US, you need to create a new Google account. So go to your device ‘Settings’ menu.
- From here, click ‘Google’ and select the arrow beside your current account.
- You’ll now see the option to ‘Add Another Account’. Click that and fill out the required details to create a new Google account.
- Once done, you should purchase a Google Play gift code that will give you US dollars, as other currencies won’t be accepted. These can be bought at Amazon.com.
- At this point, you should receive the gift code via email. Either click the link provided in the email or key the code into the Google Play Store to redeem it. Don’t be put off by the requirement to enter a valid US zip code, as Google does not verify whether you live there. Just look one up on Google Maps – any real zip code will do.
- With your new Play Store account and your redeemed gift card, simply search for and install the Disney+ app and sign in as normal.
- If you get an error message during registration, force stop the app, then reopen it and you should encounter no more problems.
- Lastly, choose to pay for Disney Plus with your US Google account balance.
And that’s it. From now on, whenever you connect to a US VPN server, you can stream Disney+ from anywhere in the world.