How to Get an ExpressVPN Free Trial on Mobile
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to get a seven-day ExpressVPN free trial via the Apple App Store.
The sign-up process is very similar to the Google Play Store (for Android smartphones and tablets).
EXPERT ADVICE: Use ExpressVPN risk-free for up to 30 days on all your devices, rather than just seven, by taking advantage of the service’s money-back guarantee.
- Open the iOS App Store, search for ExpressVPN and download the VPN app onto your device.
- Tap the button labeled Start 7-Day Free Trial and then enter your email address.
- Tap the button labeled Start Your Free Trial and an App Store popup will appear asking you to confirm that you’re happy to start your one-week free trial. If you are, tap the Subscribe button.
- Once you’ve set up your account and begun the trial, you will need to allow ExpressVPN to add VPN configurations to your device. It may look scary, but it’s perfectly ordinary – any mobile VPN will require these permissions.
- You’ll then be asked about a series of app permissions – you can decide whether to say yes or no to these.
- You’ll be shown ExpressVPN’s main screen, from which you can connect to VPN servers for free for seven days. Note the banner at the top of the screen which tells you how long your trial has to run.
- You can check on the status of your account and the amount of time remaining on your ExpressVPN trial by navigating to Options > Account.
The great thing about ExpressVPN’s mobile free trial is that it doesn’t take any payment upfront.
On iOS, ExpressVPN doesn’t take any payment details at all. As such, you won’t be automatically ‘upgraded’ and billed for one of ExpressVPN’s plans.
On Android, you will have to submit payment details, though. Therefore, you will be charged if you don’t cancel the free trial before the trial window is over.
This ExpressVPN seven-day free trial is only available through iOS and Android signups. To use the VPN for free and for longer on other platforms and devices, follow the method below.