How to Get a 7-Day Surfshark Free Trial
Surfshark’s free trial is only available if you sign up via the App Store on iOS or Google Play Store on Android. Once this is done, you can use the same account details to download and login to Surfshark’s free trial on any device.
This includes Windows, macOS, Fire TV Stick, and Linux devices. Surfshark doesn’t have a device limit, so you can test it on as many devices as you need.
How to Get Surfshark for Free on iOS
Here’s how to sign up to Surfshark’s seven-day free trial on iOS devices:
- Search for Surfshark in the Apple App Store and scroll down until you see the option for Free Trial under Subscription. It looks like this.
- Tap Free Trial. Do not tap the accompanying image, which will take you to the normal Surfshark download. Once selected, you will be taken to a window advertising a Subscription Offer. It looks like this:
- Tap Install & Subscribe. Surfshark will then begin installing on your device and then take you automatically to the downloaded app.
- Select Create account, enter your email address and create a password. These will be the same account details you use to login to all other Surfshark apps.
- Once you’ve inserted your email address and password you’ll be asked to choose your subscription plan. You will have to select the 12-month deal to qualify for the free trial. Select this and tap Subscribe.
- The Surfshark app will now be available to use on your iOS device. You can use the Surfshark account you created on iOS to login to the Surfshark website and download all of its other apps.
After seven days, your subscription payment will be taken and charged to your iTunes account. To avoid paying once the trial period is over, make sure you cancel auto-renew six days into the trial – 24 hours before payment is taken.
Better yet, cancel the free trial immediately. If you do not, Surfshark will take payment. This is explained under the Subscribe button:
How to Get Surfshark for Free On Android
- Search for Surfshark in the Google Play Store. Tap Install. It looks like this:
- The app will then automatically install on your Android device. Tap Open.
- You will be taken to the home screen below. Select Start Free Trial and create an email and password to generate an account.
- As with iOS, in order to qualify for the seven-day free trial you need to select the one-year deal. Tap Start under the 12-month listing plan.
- Select your payment method and tap Subscribe. You will then be automatically directed to the Surfshark app where you can being your free trial.
Surfshark will take payment from your Google Play account in seven days. As with iOS, you need to cancel auto-renewal at least one day before the trial ends if you want to avoid payment.
This is laid out under Auto-renewal info when choosing the Surfshark plan, which you can see below: