Prices may change frequently and despite our best efforts it is possible that some may be out of date.
Please visit the provider’s official website for exact pricing.
IP Vanish covers all major operating systems, including Linux and some more obscure ones such as Windows Phone and Chromebook. It also supports the open-source DD-WRT and Tomato router software, so you are able to protect all of the devices on a network.
Signing up and connection are straightforward, and the IP Vanish client software is smart-looking and easy to use, although it doesn’t provide as many advanced options as some other VPN providers. You can, though, easily choose your connection and location, which makes it easy to use things such as streaming services without geographical restrictions getting in the way. All major devices and operating systems are supported. You can only use two connections at the same time, though.
Speeds are good, making it a good choice for video streaming and online gaming services. It offers a Flash Router feature that allows you to connect consoles such as the Xbox and Wii and media boxes like Apple TV via a secure server.
The website is clear with a clean design, and it’s easy to find any information you need. IP Vanish only offers live support during office hours, but there are some excellent FAQs and set-up guides available on its website that should allow you to deal with most problems, and there’s a ticket support system and a user forum where you can ask questions.
IP Vanish has an average rating of 6.7 on Trustpilot, including 130+ 5 star reviews.
What We Like
✓ Proprietary server infrastructure – No third-party servers used
✓ Scramble OpenVPN patch for Android for improved encryption
What We Like Less
✘ Slow connection speeds in China and Australia
✘ Very limited access to major streaming platforms
✘ US-based – potentially subject to US Data Retention laws
Installation and Set Up
Follow these simple steps to download, install and set up IP Vanish in no time.
1) Sign up by submitting your email address and payment details on IP Vanish’s checkout. A wide range of payment methods are available, such as widely-used credit cards (e.g. VISA, Mastercard, American Express), Paypal and Bitcoin. Billing address is not required.
2) Once you have completed the purchase, you will be redirected a download page and you will also instantly receive a confirmation email.
3) On the download page, download the program of your choice (in our case, the Windows client) and once the program has fully downloaded, double-click the file to install it. Follow the on-screen instructions and in a matter of seconds your IP Vanish VPN will be ready for use.
4) That’s it! You can now select a country of your choice and begin surfing and streaming securely and anonymously.
5) If you wish, you can also adjust your VPN settings via the ‘Settings’ tab. From here, you will be able to pick the protocol that best suits your needs in terms of speed and security. For example, OpenVPN is considered the fastest protocol but you do slightly compromise on the level of stealth.
Speed is a crucial factor of how good a VPN is and to keep our users informed on how fast IP Vanish is across countries, we regularly carry out speed tests.
Latest Average Speeds (in Mbps)
Download 5.10 | Upload 5.92
Download N/A | Upload N/A
Download N/A | Upload N/A
Download 22.92 | Upload 8.78
Download 23.56 | Upload 11.70
Download N/A | Upload N/A
Download 5.94 | Upload 4.80
Download 32.44 | Upload 41.19
The above speed tests were carried out using a fibre optic connection from London, UK. Speeds were measured by the Ookla speed test tool throughout the day, several days a week.
IP Vanish has a no-logs policy, and if you use Bitcoin to pay tan all you need to sign up will be an email address. The company only recodes a time stamp, the IP address used and the amount of data transferred; there’s no record of sites visited.
It offers PPTP, L2TP, and OpenVPN connection protocols with 128-bit and 256-bit encryption standards. The service masks user activity and also provides a NAT firewall in order to help protect its users from identity theft.
IP Vanish recently added scramble OpenVPN (UDP or TCP) patch to Android which helps with deep packet inspection, which could be especially beneficial to China users, as this special patterned encryption method helps avoid DPI entities from identifying and blocking known VPN packet structures.
For added security and privacy, IP Vanish has a Kill Switch feature which blocks all traffic to your device when your VPN connection drops. You can enable/disable this feature in the Settings tab.
IP Vanish is present in over 61 countries and in 88 cities with 600+ servers, giving its users access to over 40,000 IPs.
Top10VPN.com aims to provide useful and reliable information about all the VPN services we review. Prices may change frequently, and despite our best efforts it is possible that some information may be out of date, therefore we recommend consulting the provider’s official website for exact pricing.
To maintain this website as a free resource, we utilise links that provide us with compensation for referring you to the VPN providers featured. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.